Letchworth Garden City
What to Expect!
If you are thinking of visiting us for the first time then try a Sunday morning service.
- When is it ? - 10.30-11.45a.m. every Sunday - but most people arrive a few minutes early
- What is the style of the service? - Our services are led from the platform with a clear structure so you needn't be concerned about not knowing what to do when. We use a mixture of traditional and more modern songs & hymns. We usually have around 30 minutes comprising singing, a Bible reading, public prayer (again led from the front so you won't be "put on the spot") and usually a children's talk. We believe the Bible is the key way in which God speaks to us so the focus of the rest of the service is given over to Bible teaching - in the format of a sermon - which aims in modern day language and in down-to-earth style to both explain what the Bible says and what its message means for us today.
- What comes next? - We have refreshments after the meeting - a good time to meet folks.
- Dress code - we are a mix of casually and more formally dressed congregation so you should feel at home however you come.
- What about the children? - We have creche for the under 3s which runs throughout the morning, 'Kidzone' (split into groups for 3-5's and 6-year 4's) & 'The Zone' (years 5-8) from 10.45 - 11.45.
- What else happens? - We run activities and groups for all ages throughout the week - look under "What's On" to learn more.
Our Family Service, held once a month, is a good way to experience Grange Baptist Church for the first time!